Monday 8 April 2013

P H O T O T I M E









TAKING PICTURES




I have always taken photos as a way of capturing moments. Originally only photographing significant events or unions of people, but recently I realised that the moments of normalcy and basic intimacy can make the most exciting photos.

My memory is pretty awful, so it is a way for me to relive these memorable times, whether they were good or bad, fleeting or durational. I like having a hard copy of an event; a piece of evidence to back up that flash of memory. Just to remind myself it did happen, in that way.
I photograph the moments that are important to me; the moments in these pictures are significant, not because they are of a particular occasion, but because there is something about that moment that is in its own minute way really stood out to me. They are poignant and personal and provoke emotion, in myself and hopefully in the viewer. I am unsettled by what I see sometimes but that is even more the reason to take the shot. Life can be full of crap but also really great and I plan on photographing both. 












F  I   R  S  T     S  E  T. 





































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment